What is 'Property Insurance' ?
Commercial property insurance is a type of commercial coverage that can protect your business in the event of a covered loss. Many business owners purchase commercial building coverage as part of their BOP policy.
Depending on the terms of your policy, commercial property insurance may cover natural disaster, theft, accidents and more. Whether you own a freestanding commercial building, lease an office or even work from home, business property insurance can protect your building and your business’ physical assets.
Here are a few examples of incidents that could be covered by a commercial property policy:
- A fire could destroy your building and the contents inside.
- A burst water pipe could damage your documents, drawings or other valuable papers.
- A storm could damage your outdoor sign.
What business property insurance covers?
Small business property insurance is one of the most important investments ensuring the future of your business.
Here are some of the important aspects of your business that commercial property insurance helps protect:
- Your building.
- Your outdoor sign.
- Your furniture and equipment.
- Your inventory.
- Your fence and landscaping.
- Others’ property.